Friday, April 29, 2011

Lift Heavy Things

STRENGTH:  Deadlift: 5-5-5-5
I love lifting heavy things! Its so empowering to step up to a loaded bar, set your position, and power the weight up. So I was really excited to see this WOD post Wednesday night and couldn't wait to to start off my Thursday morning with some heavy deadlifts. The sets went really well, warmed up at 95lb and added 20lb each set. I was really surpriesed to count of the lb's on my final set, because to tell you the truth I had lost count of how much weight I was adding. Lately I have hit a mental block in my deadlift. Basically I will see that I have 155lb on the bar and I will mentally in my head already decide how hard or heavy the set will be.  So this morning I decided to just keep working through the sets, and so long as I continued to move the bar with good speed, I would add weight. Before this morning, 5 reps of 155lb would have taken a toll on me. But this morning, I lifted 5 reps of 175lb with great speed and form!

WOD:
AMRAP in 6 minutes:
3 HSPU
6 Front Squat (95)

I got 7 full rounds in

AFTER PARTY:
Tabata Planks

No comments:

Post a Comment